For both parents and students, the transition to secondary school can feel daunting at times. Our aim is to give you all the support we can throughout this challenging process.
During the autumn term of Year 6, we offer a range of opportunities to come and see our school, meet our teachers, find out more about life at the Archer Academy and ask any questions. These include our official open evening as well as more informal events such as coffee mornings and taster lessons.
Members of our senior leadership team also visit core primary schools throughout the year to start helping students feel confident about the transition.
Our unique transition programme
The support we offer continues in earnest at the end of the spring term of Year 6, with a transition programme designed to ensure that students who have accepted a place at our school know us, and we know them, before they even put on their Archer Academy uniform.
This thorough and supportive programme includes:
• a personal interview with each child and their parents
• a meeting with each child’s primary school teacher
• the Archer’s Toolkit, a student’s guide to Archer Academy life
• taster events, lessons and workshops in our July induction week
• our VIP ZONE, a dedicated website just for these Very Important Pupils, where they can take part in weekly online challenges, find out about our school and our teachers, and much more.
We also ask each student to create a transition portfolio, to showcase their best primary school work.
Working in partnership with parents
We consider our parents to be an integral part of the success of our school and are keen to work as closely with them as possible; and that applies to our prospective parents too. If you would like to speak to one of our team, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8365 4110 and ask for Admissions.