What would be your top tips to our incoming cohort of year 7 Archers?
- Work hard and be kind
- Be confident
- Never give up in class because you will be happy with what you have done
- Always listen and contribute in class
- And relax! Everyone is just as nervous you are!
How would you describe a typical week at the Archer?
A typical week at the Archer is very fun. It involves all kinds of new subjects from dance and drama to science experiments of all sorts. You will also normally have 4 lessons of maths and English per week with a variety of teachers. Every week is an adventure full of surprises and exciting events.
What are the teachers like?
All the teachers are lovely and ready to help you with whatever problem comes your way. It doesn’t matter whether it’s in school or at home! Just remember to talk to an adult. The teachers here are very friendly and approachable.
How do you find your way around the building?
The Archer Academy has 3 floors which are connected by two staircases. All doors are labelled with their floor and number and these are also on your timetable. All the corridors are sign posted – I would say it’s really hard to get lost! But if you do, you can ask a member of staff and they’ll be happy to help.
What would be your top 3 tips for making new friendships?
- Be yourself
- Share what you’re passionate about
- If you don’t make friendship straight away, don’t worry. It will happen, but sometimes you just have to give it a little time
A final message to our new students:
Be bold, stay calm and have fun!