Careers and employability at the Archer Academy are designed to help students make informed and confident decisions about their futures. We aim to build an understanding of the world of work among our students and open them up to the full range of possible careers after school and university.
Throughout their time at the school, we aim to raise student aspirations and encourage students to capitalise on available opportunities, so they can realise their own potential and ambitions. We will make the following available to all Archer students:
- a stable careers programme
- access to an adviser, and to quality information
- personalised advice, including equality and diversity considerations curriculum learning linked to careers, where appropriate
- encounters with employers and employees via visiting speakers, mentoring, enterprise schemes)
- experiences of workplaces (work visits, work shadowing, work experience)
- encounters with further and higher education