Teaching staff opportunities
Current Job Vacancies
Teacher of English
Salary Scale: MPS
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 18th May 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 23rd May 2018
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, dynamic and inspirational Teacher of English to join this popular and outstanding Department. The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher and have the ability to inspire our bright and curious students; enabling them to realise their potential. You will have a passion for English, and a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. This post is suitable for NQTs, though applications from more experienced teachers are also welcome.
The Archer Academy seeks teachers who are:
- Outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
- Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
- Flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
- Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a track record of success
- Be a committed team player
- Understand the changes in the English curriculum
- Be creative in their approach to teaching and learning and the curriculum, ensuring it engages every learner
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to play a key role in building on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school continues to mature
The Archer Academy benefits from:
- A forward thinking senior leadership team
- A committed and talented body of staff
- A supportive Trust and Governing Body
- An excellent CPD programme.
About the school
The Archer Academy is a growing 11-16 secondary school which opened in September 2013 in East Finchley, serving families in the surrounding areas of North London. The school was created to meet the needs and desires of parents, primary school governors and the local community, for a first-choice, non-denominational, coeducational secondary school.
Our school provides students with an ambitious, rigorous and creative learning environment which enables them to flourish and succeed, encouraging and empowering them along their journey into adulthood. From the moment they arrive, they are challenged to aim high, think big and achieve more than they ever thought possible.
We strive for academic excellence, offering a curriculum which is both traditional and creative, providing specialism, range and depth in equal measure. We believe that our students perform best when they are motivated, involved and excited by their learning, and we work incredibly hard to ensure that the time they spend with us is enriching in every sense.
We are looking for visionary school teachers with experience across years 7 to 11 resulting in high academic standards. You should thrive on responsibility and share our commitment to developing young people into analytical, creative and resilient learners. You must also have a proven record of excellent teaching that has resulted in raising standards within departments and across school.
The Archer Academy provides the unique opportunity for excellent and committed teachers to:
- continue to shape a new school, which has tremendous support from local families and the local community
- be part of a school that expands year-on-year giving you the chance to develop and grow as the school expands
- play a pivotal role on the future strategic development of the school through Key Stage Four
- develop and implement an exciting and ambitious curriculum, underpinned by high quality learning and teaching
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. These appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS/CRB check.\
Location: East Finchley, North London
Start date: September 2018
Age range: 11-16
What people say about our school:
“The behaviour of students is outstanding. There is a clear sense of the ‘Archer Way’ and students adopt those values in everything they do. Students demonstrate excellent attitudes to learning in lessons.” Ofsted, June 2015
“The richness of the academy’s curriculum is significant in relation to students’ progress. The diversity of subjects and themes, combined with skilled teaching, results in genuine challenge for students. This demanding curriculum encourages self-confident, assertive young people who are, largely, ambitious for their own success and that of their peers.” Ofsted, June 2015
“My overall impression is of care and consideration, sensitivity and high standards in every aspect.” Archer Academy parent, June 2016
“This is a “thinking school” as staff engage in a wide range of research before implementing practice.” Challenge Partners Review, December 2016
“The school’s mission statement based on the “Archer Way” underpins all aspects of school life. It is most apparent in the outstanding range of enrichment activities that the school provides for its pupils who are developing a keen interest in learning.” Challenge Partners Review, December 2016