Support staff opportunities
Current Job Vacancies
Deadline for application: Wednesday 4th July 2018
Planned interview: W/c 9th July 2018
Teaching Assistant – specialising in Maths
Salary Scale Point: 12 – 15 (FTE: £18,375 – £18,936 this be pro-rated in line with Academy terms & conditions)
Actual Salary: £15,312 – £15,780
36 hours per week, term time only
Main responsibilities in Maths will include:
– Leading Year 10 & 11 small intervention groups working towards Grade 4 and 5 at GCSE (old C/B grades)
– With support from the Maths team, leading the Entry Level Certificate for a small group of Year 10 and Year 11 students
– Leading small Year 7, 8 and 9 intervention groups for students who find Maths difficult, including our ‘Functional Skills’ Maths groups, and Year 7 Catch Up group.
– Planning and preparing resources
– Tracking and monitoring performance of groups
– Supporting individuals requiring support to meet targets
– Acting as a Teaching Assistant in some key lessons, supporting students to make progress within lessons
Previous experience of working in a KS2, 3 or 4 school environment is desirable but not essential.
Examination Invigilator : (Applicant Information Pack) / (Application Form) / (Recruitment Brochure)
We are seeking responsible and attentive Exam Invigilators to join us on a casual contract.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, an enhanced attention to detail and the ability to work on their own initiative. Experience of working in a school environment and some knowledge of the ‘Instructions for the Conduct of Examinations’ produced annually by the JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications) would be advantageous.
About the school
The Archer Academy is a growing 11-16 secondary school which opened in September 2013 in East Finchley, serving families in the surrounding areas of North London. The school was created to meet the needs and desires of parents, primary school governors and the local community, for a first-choice, non-denominational, coeducational secondary school.
Our school provides students with an ambitious, rigorous and creative learning environment which enables them to flourish and succeed, encouraging and empowering them along their journey into adulthood. From the moment they arrive, they are challenged to aim high, think big and achieve more than they ever thought possible.
We strive for academic excellence, offering a curriculum which is both traditional and creative, providing specialism, range and depth in equal measure. We believe that our students perform best when they are motivated, involved and excited by their learning, and we work incredibly hard to ensure that the time they spend with us is enriching in every sense.
The Archer Academy provides the unique opportunity for excellent and committed staff to:
- continue to shape a new school, which has tremendous support from local families and the local community
- be part of a school that expands year-on-year giving you the chance to develop and grow as the school expands
- play a pivotal role on the future strategic development of the school through Key Stage Four and towards Key Stage Five
Please submit your application by email to, Karen Neville, HR & Compliance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. These appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS/CRB check.
What people say about our school:
“The behaviour of students is outstanding. There is a clear sense of the ‘Archer Way’ and students adopt those values in everything they do. Students demonstrate excellent attitudes to learning in lessons.” Ofsted, June 2015
“The richness of the academy’s curriculum is significant in relation to students’ progress. The diversity of subjects and themes, combined with skilled teaching, results in genuine challenge for students. This demanding curriculum encourages self-confident, assertive young people who are, largely, ambitious for their own success and that of their peers.” Ofsted, June 2015
“My overall impression is of care and consideration, sensitivity and high standards in every aspect.” Archer Academy parent, June 2016
“This is a “thinking school” as staff engage in a wide range of research before implementing practice.” Challenge Partners Review, December 2016
“The school’s mission statement based on the “Archer Way” underpins all aspects of school life. It is most apparent in the outstanding range of enrichment activities that the school provides for its pupils who are developing a keen interest in learning.” Challenge Partners Review, December 2016
Location: East Finchley, North London
Age range: 11-16